AGL 64 High Speed Sheet Fed Industrial Laminator
Advanced Greig Laminators, Inc (AGL) Deforest, WI – The AGL 64 custom industrial laminator is a customer specified laminator for a high production vinyl converting facility. Some of the innovative features include roll to roll laminating, 3 to 75 FPM laminating speeds, high throughput speeds, as well as AGL’s legendary heated nip roll design.
Unlike our competitors, AGL stands alone with its superior heated roller construction. First, AGL uses a spiral wound heater assembly that has direct contact between the heating element and the inside diameter of the nip roll. This direct contact gives you faster heat transfer and supplies a more uniform heat profile across the entire roll face. This will insure even activation of your thermal and pressure sensitive adhesive films without cold or hot spots.
Second, AGL uses a silicone coated steel roller construction without a crown in the roll. While our competitors use aluminum rollers and crown the silicone coating to compensate for their roller deflection (bending), we know this cost cutting technique will only cause you to have problems like in-feed waves (i.e. where the print buckles going into the laminator causing wrinkles and silvering). AGL rollers are guaranteed to have a 100% flat profile. Third, AGL rollers have an embedded temperature feedback sensor. This feature makes sure you never have to worry about hot spots that will damage your prints. Other external types of temperature sensors are fooled when you run cooling fans or when the rollers are stopped, causing them to over-heat sending the temperature higher. This over-heating can cause de-lamination of the silicone coated rollers.
Standard features for the AGL 64 Custom Industrial Laminator include:
- One cantilevered unwind supply air shafts for quick and easy loading of laminates into the laminator
- One custom extended in-feed table for better support of incoming sheets of material
- One custom out-feed table for better support in cutting surfaces between laminated prints
- One pair of pull rolls assisting the laminated products as they exit the laminator
- High release silicone rollers - for easy cleaning
- AGL’s repeatable tension control system - helps avoid film distortion and necking
- Variable Speed Control 0 to 75 fpm
- Linear footage counter/digital speed readout (optional)
High performance laminators from a name you have trusted for over 65 years. Equipment design for the Wide Format Digital Imaging Market, or for Custom Industrial Applications, we have a solution for you. For more information contact AGL at 1-800-276-2664.